Date(s) - 07/03/2018
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
FIAF (Alliance française)
Cover Photo © WhereNYC
What’s up? Whether you are a native speaker, aspiring learner or just want meet new people, the French Institute Alliance Française invites you to sample French-immersion classes, wine and canapés.
Damage? Free for members (open to the public – not sure what the price is, but it’s cheap!)
Why you should go. Parlez-vous français? A fantastic way to meet other Francophiles after work and chat over a glass of wine and nibble from a cheese plate. It doesn’t matter whether you’re an absolute beginner. All are welcome to tour the library, attend a sample class or head up to the lounge for wine and hors d’œuvres.
If you decide to become a member of the Alliance française, take advantage of the annual summer 10% discount promotions. They have a fantastic library, a movie theatre and regularly hold events in addition to offering classes.
- Attire? Casual / or business casual. Be clean and presentable.
- Business cards are always a plus.
- Alone or with friends? Either or. (Friends works better.)
- Travel lightly. Coat check not always available.
- Don’t be intimidated. If you’ve never taken a French class, this can be fun for everyone and the instructors are charming and encouraging. And the location is fantastic!
- Nightcap recommendations?
- The Bar Room 117 E. 60th Street. New York, NY 10022. between. Lexington & Park. Almost hidden but beautiful interior with a full bar tons of craft beer, wines and spirits. Great burgers!
- Fig & Olive 808 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10065 (lower level) Mediterranean-inspired cuisine with full bar.
- The Jeffrey Craft Beers and Bites – It’s great to see a little craft beer elegance in Midtown East with this Bohemian and comfortable boozer!
- The Plaza Hotel Food Court by Todd English 1 W 59th St, (5th Ave) New York, NY 10019 basement level, everything imaginable is available with seriously good options. Unfortunately, crowded and with limited seating.
- The Regency Bar on Park Av. 540 Park Ave, New York, NY 10065 (by 60th St)
(212) 759-4100 – a high end bar with an endless wine/ spirit selection. Cozy and old school elegance.