Date(s) - 11/29/2017
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
FIAF (Alliance française)
Cover Photo Courtesy of Catherine Maladrino
What’s up? Join fashion designer Catherine Malandrino for a discussion of her latest book Une Femme Française: The Seductive Style of French Women.
Why you should go. Bridging French and American style, the book is a must-read for New Yorkers who want to live their fast-paced lives with an air of Parisian je ne sais quoi.
Based in New York, Catherine Malandrino was a designer for Emanuel Ungaro and Diane von Furstenberg before starting her eponymous brand to overnight success in 1998. Her eclectic, feminine clothes are a cultural phenomenon—featured on magazine covers and Sex and the City—that effortlessly blends the romance and elegance of Paris with the energy of Manhattan.
- RSVP ASAP
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Attire? Casual / or business casual.
- Business cards are always a plus.
- Travel lightly. Coat check not always available.
- Nightcap recommendations:
- The Bar Room 117 E. 60th Street. New York, NY 10022. btwn. Lexington & Park. Almost hidden but beautiful interior with a full bar tons of craft beer, wines and spirits. Great burgers!
- Fig & Olive 808 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10065 (lower level) Mediterranean-inspired cuisine with full bar.
- The Jeffrey Craft Beers and Bites – It’s great to see a little craft beer elegance in Midtown East with this Bohemian and comfortable boozer!
- The Plaza Hotel Food Court by Todd English 1 W 59th St, (5th Ave) New York, NY 10019 basement level, everything imaginable is available with seriously good options. Unfortunately, crowded and with limited seating.
- The Regency Bar on Park Avenue 540 Park Ave, New York, NY 10065 (by 60th St)
(212) 759-4100 – a high end bar with an endless wine/ spirit selection. Cozy and old school elegance. I really love this spot because it’s quiet, staff are polite and you feel like you’re a high stepper.