Date(s) - 06/22/2017
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Cover image: Courtesy of MOFAD
What’s up? For the final installment of the Spring Spirits, join MOFAD and the Trade Commission of Peru for a special cocktail evening celebrating distilled South American delight: Pisco.
Why you should go. Citrusy seafood ceviche, pisco cocktails and traditional Peruvian bites. Could it get more summery than this? MOFAD has assembled an all-star cast including: traditional distillery Bar Piscol, Mission Ceviche, and Pollo D’Oro.
Carved out from an old garage, this museum lab devotes itself entirely to exploring food, drink and culture.
MOFAD has hosted several inspiring after-hours events including: An evening of Polish vodka, Chef Pierre Thiam on Senegalese Cuisine, Food writer Sarah Lohman, Michael Twitty’s African Roots in Southern Cuisine, Spice Master Lior Lev Sercarz of La Boîte NYC, and Éric Ripert and Alex Guarnaschelli.
- RSVP ASAP before tickets sell out.
- Attire? Casual works.
- Bring I.D. 21+
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Business cards are always a plus.
- Fancy a nightcap or bite to eat nearby?
- Karczma, Karczma, 136 Greenpoint Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222
- Krolewskie Jadlo 694 Manhattan Avenue, Brooklyn NY, 11222 – Polish, the most medieval-looking restaurant I’ve ever seen.
- No Name Bar 597 Manhattan Ave. New York, NY 11222 Chinese trendy, hipster popular.
- Pete’s Candystore 709 Lorimer St, Brooklyn, NY 11211, No longer an old-school candystore, but a creative bar with live music.
- Spritzenhaus, 33 Nassau Avenue, Greenpoint, great selection of beer, family friendly, good dogs and fries. I love this place.
- Tørst 615 Manhattan Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222 Craft beers – yes this is Greenpoint!