Date(s) - 12/19/2015
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Nolita Wine Merchants
Event: In-store tasting @ Nolita Wine Merchants
Why you should go. I normally don’t feature an in-store wine tasting because any metronaut already knows that almost every wine shop in the city has some kind of sampling, and all you have to do is get on their mailing lists.
Nolita Wine Merchants gets my attention because of its awesome location. The area is packed with cool stuff, just footsteps away. If you’re spending Saturday on the town, this is a great way to kick it off.
- Bring your cards. Most in-store tastings are run by distributors who can give you tips on more wine & spirits tastings in the city.
- Bring friends or go it alone. This is completely casual.
- Need a spot nearby to hit afterward? In addition to the boutiques and galleries, there are tons of cool stuff that are all footsteps away. Here just a few recommendations.
- Ceci Cela, 55 Spring St, New York, NY 10012, pâtisserie, a cute little French bakery & tea room located next to Gatsby’s bar.
- Cata, 245 Bowery (South of Houston), New York, NY 10002a new, fantastic Spanish Tapas resto on Bowery.
- Despaña, 408 Broome St, New York, NY 10013, free in-store tastings , gourmet groceries and a casual eating space.
- Harney & Sons, 433 Broome St, New York, NY 10013 boutique & tearoom, probably the best tea & scones with clotted cream in town.
- Mother’s Ruin, 18 Spring St. a casual, but cool looking little bar.
- Moma Design Store 81 Spring St, New York, NY 10012, if you’re in the mood for browsing, this is for you.