Date(s) - 04/24/2017
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
FIAF (Alliance française)
Cover Photo Courtesy of FIAF
What’s up? Let Wine Enthusiast Senior Editor Lauren Buzzeo guide you through the ropes of savoring some of France’s newest wines from French Institute Alliance Française
Damage? $95 – $115 general admission.
Why you should go. Though the evening’s featured award-winning wines such as the Château Coulon Corbières Syrah-blend rouge and rosé are billed among the Languedoc’s newest contenders, the Fabre family’s winemaking tradition traces back to 1605. Too often overshadowed by Bordeaux and Provence, the wines of the Languedoc have a little element of magic that will take your palette to a whole new level.
Bordering the Mediterranean sea along the dry Southwest coast of France, the Languedoc is home to some of the best wines including the famed, complex Pic Saint-Loup and the affordable Minervois.
- RSVP ASAP
- Attire? Dressy casual works.
- Bring your I.D. strictly 21+
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Business cards are always a plus.
- Travel lightly. Coat check not always available.
- The event is in FIAF’s Sky Room and is in English
- Fancy a nightcap or bite to eat in the area?
- The Bar Room 117 E. 60th Street. New York, NY 10022. btwn. Lexington & Park. Almost hidden but beautiful interior with a full bar tons of craft beer, wines and spirits. Great burgers!
- Fig & Olive 808 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10065 (lower level) Mediterranean-inspired cuisine with full bar.
- The Jeffrey Craft Beers and Bites – It’s great to see a little craft beer elegance in Midtown East with this Bohemian and comfortable boozer!
- Mon petit café 801 Lexington Ave, (by 62nd St) New York, NY 10021 (212) 355-2233 Unabashedly French-classic with great desserts.
- The Plaza Hotel Food Court by Todd English 1 W 59th St, (5th Ave) New York, NY 10019 basement level, everything imaginable is available with seriously good options. Can get crowded.
- The Regency Bar on Park Av. 540 Park Ave, New York, NY 10065 (by 60th St)
(212) 759-4100 – a high end bar with an endless wine/ spirit selection. Comfortable with old school elegance.