Date(s) - 07/19/2017
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
WNYC Greene Space
- Foodie / Cuisine
- Art / Cultural Events
- Roundtable / Colloquium
- Meet and Greet
- Lecture / Panel Discussion
Cover image: Farm-to-tap Brews at the Greene Space © Kei Hayashi for WhereNYC
What’s up? Join beer-expert Jimmy Carbone of Jimmy’s No. 43 and panel for a hoppy talk and tasting of American craft beer at Greene Space.
Damage? $20 (includes one drink)
Why you should go. Get ready for a refreshing, sudsy Good Beer Month at the Greene Space. Host Jimmy Carbone of East Village foodie mecca Jimmy’s No. 43 and The Good Beer Seal invite you for an informative discussion about the properties of hops in this celebration of American craft beer.
Fellow panelists include:
Jeff O’Neil, founder and proprietor of Industrial Arts Brewing Company in Garnerville, New York, which focuses on using the best ingredients available to make “fresh, clean, hoppy beers”
John Segal, co-owner of Segal Ranch, a third-generation, family hop farm widely known among craft brewers for estate-quality hops and a commitment to innovation in hop growing
What is the Greene Space?
- RSVP ASAP Limited seating available.
- Entrance is the near the corner of Varick and Charlton Street.
- Dress code: Business or casual works.
- Bring your I.D. if you plan on drinking
- Business cards are always a plus
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Fancy a night cap or a bite to eat nearby?
- City Winery, 155 Varick Street, New York, NY, 10013 ($$) -located just south of the Greene Space with a convenient no-nonsense wine bar for a quick snifter.
- En Brasserie ($$) 435 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014- impressive your friends from out-of-town. An upscale Japanese restaurant, the lounge area offers comfortable seating with great food and drink menu. Keep this spot in mind for a date.
- Little Italy Pizza & Deli ($) 180 Varick St (South of Houston) 10014- No name pre-eat and hydrate spot. Fast, cheap, reliable and comforting.
- Nancy Whiskey Pub ($$)- 1 Lispenard St by Canal St, New York, NY 10013, divey, comforting boozer.
- Pegu Club, ($$) 2nd fl. Houston and Broadway (next to Dos Caminos) Heading north towards Houston? One of the best swanky lounges with a polite staff with little attitude. The perfect date or impress-your-mate spot.
- Reade Street Pub, ($) 135 Reade St, New York, NY 10013 – old school bars speak to me. It is reasonably priced that won’t tear your ears with the sound of being ripped off.
- The Village Tavern 46 Bedford St, New York, NY 10014 – cozy, neighborhood boozer with plenty of sports, beers on tap, wines and spirits.