Date(s) - 06/22/2017
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
WNYC Greene Space
- Foodie / Cuisine
- Art / Cultural Events
- Roundtable / Colloquium
- Meet and Greet
- Lecture / Panel Discussion
Cover image: Opera Party © Doug Fitch
What’s up? Join the Greene Space for an evening of live opera, interviews, interactive art sculptures and culinary spectacles by award-winning chefs.
Why you should go. The season finale of the Opera Party series will celebrate Pride Week with co-host and performance artist, author and cabaret artist Justin Vivian Bond for a searing romp with tenor and force-of-nature Anthony Dean Griffey, a surreal confection by cake-maker Elizabeth Hodes and enticing opportunities to show off just how much pride you feel.
What is the Greene Space?
- RSVP ASAP Limited seating available.
- Entrance is the near the corner of Varick and Charlton Street.
- Dress code: Business or casual works.
- Bring your I.D. if you plan on drinking
- Business cards are always a plus
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Fancy a night cap or a bite to eat nearby?
- City Winery, 155 Varick Street, New York, NY, 10013 ($$) -located just south of the Greene Space with a convenient no-nonsense wine bar for a quick snifter.
- En Brasserie ($$) 435 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014- impressive your friends from out-of-town. An upscale Japanese restaurant, the lounge area offers comfortable seating with great food and drink menu. Keep this spot in mind for a date.
- Little Italy Pizza & Deli ($) 180 Varick St (South of Houston) 10014- No name pre-eat and hydrate spot. Fast, cheap, reliable and comforting.
- Nancy Whiskey Pub ($$)- 1 Lispenard St by Canal St, New York, NY 10013, divey, comforting boozer.
- Pegu Club, ($$) 2nd fl. Houston and Broadway (next to Dos Caminos) Heading north towards Houston? One of the best swanky lounges with a polite staff with little attitude. The perfect date or impress-your-mate spot.
- Reade Street Pub, ($) 135 Reade St, New York, NY 10013 – old school bars speak to me. It is reasonably priced that won’t tear your ears with the sound of being ripped off.
- The Village Tavern 46 Bedford St, New York, NY 10014 – cozy, neighborhood boozer with plenty of sports, beers on tap, wines and spirits.