Date(s) - 05/22/2017
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
FIAF (Alliance française)
Cover Photo Courtesy of FIAF
What’s up? Join Wine Enthusiast Editor Susan Kostrzewa at FIAF with presenters Françoise Antech, owner and winemaker, Antech Wine House and Yasmina Asseily, owner and winemaker, Chateau Biac for a talk and masterclass of French wines from some of the country’s rising female vintners.
Damage? $95 – $115 general admission.
Why you should go. Too often associated as men’s only-club, the vignoble is a family-affair, where women are also running the show. Similarly to female whiskey distillers of Scotland, their counterparts in France’s most notable wine-producing regions such as Bordeaux, are also ambitiously pushing locally made wine into the wider global market.
Known for its sparkling Crémant – made in the champagne tradition but far more accessible, Françoise Antech, owner and winemaker, Antech Wine House in the famed-but-underrated Languedoc and Yasmina Asseily, owner and winemaker, Chateau Biac in Bordeaux, France will guide you through the tasting notes during this special wine tasting event.
- RSVP ASAP
- Attire? Dressy casual works.
- Bring your I.D. strictly 21+
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Business cards are always a plus.
- Travel lightly. Coat check not always available.
- The event is in FIAF’s Sky Room and is in English
- Fancy a nightcap or bite to eat in the area?
- The Bar Room 117 E. 60th Street. New York, NY 10022. btwn. Lexington & Park. Almost hidden but beautiful interior with a full bar tons of craft beer, wines and spirits. Great burgers!
- Fig & Olive 808 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10065 (lower level) Mediterranean-inspired cuisine with full bar.
- The Jeffrey Craft Beers and Bites – It’s great to see a little craft beer elegance in Midtown East with this Bohemian and comfortable boozer!
- Mon petit café 801 Lexington Ave, (by 62nd St) New York, NY 10021 (212) 355-2233 Unabashedly French-classic with great desserts.
- The Plaza Hotel Food Court by Todd English 1 W 59th St, (5th Ave) New York, NY 10019 basement level, everything imaginable is available with seriously good options. Can get crowded.
- The Regency Bar on Park Av. 540 Park Ave, New York, NY 10065 (by 60th St)
(212) 759-4100 – a high end bar with an endless wine/ spirit selection. Comfortable with old school elegance.