Date(s) - 11/11/2016
9:00 pm - 11:30 pm
American Museum of Natural History
Cover image: One Step Beyond (c) AMNH/R. Mickens
What’s up? After the summer hiatus, One Step Beyond returns kicking off with a reggae inspired, dance hall spin zone with the Brooklyn-based Mixpack DJs. Dre Skull and Murlo, The Large originally from Bristol, U.K. and Wildlife with special guest Bobby Konders at the American Museum of Natural History
Damage? Tix: $25 (includes service fee)
Why you should go. This is one DJ party that everyone should check out, and it draws huge crowds from all walks of life who want to dance and mingle.
Expect a great set, the most amazing light show and the best ambience any dance party can offer. One Step’s monthly shows have featured some inspiring big names in the industry like hip-hop legends Stretch Armstrong with DJ Quik, house music spinners Rich Medina and DJ Spinna, Air Bird & Neon Indian and an amazing all-vinyl set with DJ Misbehaviour, Arthur Baker and Joey Carvello.
- Buy your tickets asap. It often sells out.
- Dress code: Club chic. This is a party after all.
- Alone or with friends? However you wish.
- Entrance is on Columbus Street at 79th St. NOT THE MAIN ENTRANCE!
- Cash is a must. Coat check is $3
- For the bar, you must buy your drink tickets at one of the kioscs.
- Useful Drink Tip: Buy all your drink tickets first before you dance. The crowd fills up after 10pm. Don’t spend the evening queuing.
- Eat and hydrate before going. Dancing and drinking alcohol will dehydrate you. Free cold water is available.
- Fancy a quick bite or drink in the area?
- Caffè Storico at the New York Historical Society, by 81st and Central Park West – great wine selection and full food menu
- Jacob’s Pickles 509 Amsterdam Ave (between 84th and 85th), New York, NY 10024- Southern comfort food
- Vanguard Wine Bar 189 Amsterdam Ave by 69th St, New York, NY 10023 – great wine bar with delicious canapés and tapas.
- Be safe, responsible and have fun dancing!