Date(s) - 07/09/2017
12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
FIAF (Alliance Française)
- Foodie / Cuisine
- Art / Cultural Events
- Meet and Greet
- Foreign language
- Family friendly
Cover image (c) Sasha Arutyunova for FIAF
Damage? Free entry to block party, food and drink available for purchase. See ticketed indoor events below.
Why you should go. For over 20 years, this summer highlight has filled the hearts of New Yorkers with the delights of France. Every year, the festival starts at Lexington and continues to 5th Avenue with live entertainment, prizes, tons of delicious food and French goodies including les pâtés, crêpes, ice cream and the best pâtisseries including François Payard Bakery.
To escape the sweltering heat and crowds, take advantage of one of the marvelous ticketed indoor events.
- Summer of in the South of France: Entry to the wine/beer /cocktail tasting $26.49 per session
- The lovely, decadent Champagne & Chocolate pairing in FIAF’s Sky Room $65-75
- Dress casual, comfy shoes, a small tote bag with water.
- Sunblock or an umbrella – highly recommended
- Sign up for at least one ticketed event.
- Alone or with friends? Either works.
- Bring cash for food stalls and drink
- Go early; it will get crowded. (Parents travel as lightly as possible
- Check the MTA for weekend service advisories
- Nearby spots for a welcomed drink
- The Regency Bar on Park Av. 540 Park Ave, New York, NY 10065
(212) 759-4100 – a high end bar with an endless wine/ spirit selection. Cozy and old school elegance. I really love this spot because it’s quiet, staff are polite and you feel like you’re a high stepper.
- The Bar Room 117 E. 60th Street. New York, NY 10022. btwn. Lexington & Park. I almost missed this spot because it’s almost hidden. Even the name is frickin’ generic. But it’s a nice, oaky bar with a full dining menu. The wine menu is fantastic including my white wine choices Sancerre and New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc along with a reds, craft beers and an impressive Scotch and whiskey list.