Date(s) - 01/26/2018 - 01/28/2018
Jacob K. Javits Center
Cover Image: Silk Road Tours at the 2017 NYT Travel Show
Schedule: Friday Trade Conference: 9am – 5pm, Friday Exhibition Hall (Trade Only): 2pm – 7pm
Open to the public: Saturday: 10am – 6pm, Sunday: 11am – 5pm
Why you should go. With over 500 exhibitor booths, destination seminars, cooking demos by famous chefs and tourism rep boards, The NYT Travel Show is the largest North American travel expo covering over six continents and is one of the New York’s best annual traditions.
Meet representatives of both the top and obscure travel destinations including: Japan, Québec, India, Indonesia, the Basque country, Guadeloupe, Taiwan and Cuba to the best wine tours of Italy. Learn about insider deals on cruises, vacation packages and the latest travel tidbits from experts in the field while sampling food at one of the cooking demos.
- Buy tickets in advance
- Attire? Casual, comfy shoes and a tote bag for brochures and freebies.
- Public transportation is highly recommended. Check MTA for weekend repair schedules.
- Driving? Check the nearby car parks and garages in advance.
- Business cards are highly recommended.
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- $3-coat check available.
- Useful tip: Know your vacation days off before you sign up for a cruise deal.
- Fancy a drink or a bite to eat nearby?
- Friedman’s $$ 450 10th Avenue, New York, NY 10001 – very close to Javits with casual dining option
- Porchlight Bar $$ 271 11th Ave, New York, NY 10001- Part of Danny Meyer’s empire, this cozy, rustic-looking bar has great snacks and inventive cocktails.
- Rocky’s Pizza Bar & Restaurant $-$$ 460 W 34th Street, New York, NY 10001 Convenient NYC Pizzeria