Date(s) - 09/26/2018
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Cover image courtesy of the Taipei Cultural Center
What’s up? Taipei Cultural Center in New York presents a chamber music collaboration between star Taiwanese and Japanese musicians.
Why you should go. While Japan and Taiwan may not have official ties, the two Eastern Asian democracies still collaborate in the arts. Joining the Taipei Cultural Center, up-and-coming musicians from Japan and Taiwan have banded together. A marriage of traditional and contemporary songs, the concert will feature a significant amount of chamber music.
Featured artists include:
Nan-Cheng Chen, cello
Wei-Yang Andy Lin, viola
Ko Sugiyama, violin
Ryo Yanagitani, piano
Daisuke Yamamoto, violin
and others TBD
CHAUSSON – Concert, for violin, piano & string quartet in D major, Op. 21
Works by Taiwanese and Japanese composers and others TBD.
What is TPECC?
The Taipei Economic and Cultural Office, or de-facto Taiwanese Consulate is an impressive place featuring many free cultural events that are worth checking out. They are often short, hassle free and you always meet new people.
- Limited seating available
- Dressy or business casual is fine.
- Bring friends or go it alone.
- Fancy a nightcap or bite to eat in the area?
- American Table Lincoln Center Plaza, 1941 Broadway, New York, NY 10023 (north of Avery Fisher Hall) – great location, nice surroundings
- Épicerie Boulud 1900 Broadway, New York, NY 10023 Across Lincoln Center, upscale stand- and-eat café and oyster bar. Their merguez hotdogs are amazing.
- PJ Clarkes 44 W 63rd St, New York, NY 10023 – convenient location and affordable.
- Tanner Smith’s Cocktail Bar 204 W 55th St, New York, NY 10019 – Although it gets crowded, the drinks are really good at this popular hotspot
- The Smith -1900 Broadway, New York, NY 10023 by 63rd St. – Across Lincoln Center, great craft beer selection and full wine bar, decent food
- Vanguard Wine Bar 189 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10023- one of best, no scratch that, – the best wine bar in the area. Great selection, intimate, friendly and tapas available
- Yakitori Totto 251 W 55th St, New York, NY 10019, one of my favorite Japanese Izakaya / yakitori places in Manhattan. Cozy, sophisticated interior, great food. Popularity can create long waits, but it’s worth it.