Date(s) - 02/27/2018
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Art / Cultural Events
- International Affairs
- Meet and Greet
- Lecture / Panel Discussion
Cover image: © 934 Conférence
Damage? Free RSVP, for inquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why you should go. Though Europe may not speak with one voice and the added calamity of the Brexit negotiations, the European Union still can present itself as an independent voice, free of the Trump doctrine and the muscle-flexing of Russia and People’s Republic of China.
Join Justin Vaïsse, Head of Policy Planning at the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs and Irene Finel-Honigman, Professor of International Affairs at Columbia, for a talk about their vision of the future of European diplomacy on the world stage.
Debate and discussion are at the very heart of the French revolutionary spirit. The 934 Conference series at the French consulate facilitates dialogue (in English) with a panel of invited experts, in elegant surroundings. The French Consulate welcomes a panel of 21st century explorers for a special talk and presentation of their incredible global adventures.
What is the 934 Conference?
Guests are treated like royalty and following each event, with champagne and canapés. Although these days they sometimes tend to forego the wine and hors d’œuvres, hospitality shrouded in elegance, nevertheless, still remains at the core of French culture, and you must go to the consulate to experience it.
- You must RSVP in advance to attend.
- Don’t forget to include the name(s) of anyone attending with you.
- Don’t be late. Seriously. If you arrive late, you won’t get in.
- Entrance is by 75th St and 5th Avenue
- Bring I.D. – it is mandatory
- Attire? Business, professional with a touch of elegance will do. Gentleman, a jacket, nice, pressed shirt are recommended. You are a diplomat once you enter those doors.
- Business cards are recommended.
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Fancy a nearby night cap or bite to eat?
- Mark Hotel – 77th between 5th and Madison avenues. Channel your inner- bourgeois snob, but the lounge is classy and perfect after an evening of elegance.
- Todd English Food Hall at the Plaza you’ll get variety and it’s fun to stroll around this underground space. It can get crowded though.
- The Bar Room – 60th between Park and Lexington. Great beer, wine and spirits selection. French wine lovers won’t be disappointed here. The food can be mediocre depending on your choice.
- Lennox Grill 1105 Lexington Ave (between 77th and 78th), New York, NY 10075 – casual diner with wine and beer
- Loews Regency Bar & Grill – Park Avenue between 60th & 61st. Any avid fan of old school, classy hotel bars will love this place. Elegant, historical and not loud.