Date(s) - 11/14/2017
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Art / Cultural Events
- International Affairs
- Meet and Greet
- Lecture / Panel Discussion
Cover image: © 934 Conférence
Damage? Free RSVP, for inquiries please contact: email@example.com
Why you should go. Debate and discussion are at the very heart of the French revolutionary spirit. The 934 Conference series at the French consulate facilitates dialogue (in English) with a panel of invited experts, in elegant surroundings. Recent events involving the spread of disinformation through social media and far right organizations during the 2016 presidential election with the possibility of foreign government collusion have contributed to a rising public distrust of the media. Join Mathieu Magnaudeix, United States Correspondent for the French
Investigative Journalism for a thoughtful panel discussion of maintaining media integrity during the Trump era.
What is the 934 Conference?
Guests are treated like royalty and following each event, with champagne and canapés. Although these days they sometimes tend to forego the wine and hors d’œuvres, hospitality shrouded in elegance, nevertheless, still remains at the core of French culture, and you must go to the consulate to experience it.
- You must RSVP in advance to attend.
- Don’t forget to include the name(s) of anyone attending with you.
- Don’t be late. Seriously. If you arrive late, you won’t get in.
- Entrance is by 75th St and 5th Avenue
- Bring I.D. – it is mandatory
- Attire? Business, professional with a touch of elegance will do. Gentleman, a jacket, nice, pressed shirt are recommended. You are a diplomat once you enter those doors.
- Business cards are recommended.
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Fancy a nearby night cap or bite to eat?
- Mark Hotel – 77th between 5th and Madison avenues. Channel your inner- bourgeois snob, but the lounge is classy and perfect after an evening of elegance.
- Todd English Food Hall at the Plaza you’ll get variety and it’s fun to stroll around this underground space. It can get crowded though.
- The Bar Room – 60th between Park and Lexington. Great beer, wine and spirits selection. French wine lovers won’t be disappointed here. The food can be mediocre depending on your choice.
- Lennox Grill 1105 Lexington Ave (between 77th and 78th), New York, NY 10075 – casual diner with wine and beer
- Loews Regency Bar & Grill – Park Avenue between 60th & 61st. Any avid fan of old school, classy hotel bars will love this place. Elegant, historical and not loud.