Date(s) - 11/20/2019
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Alliance Française Chicago
Cover image courtesy of the Alliance Française Chicago
What’s up? Join wine expert Scott Komplin at the Alliance Française for talk and tasting of wines.
Damage? $55 Members/ $70 Non-members
Why you should go. How good of a wine connoisseur do you want to be? Test your blind tasting skills and at this exciting wine tasting event with sommelier Scott Komplin.
Scott Komplin found his passion for wine when his corporate job sent him to Sonoma, California on an extended project. A colleague invited him for a sparkling wine tasting at the beautiful Gloria Ferrer vineyards in the Carneros. Sipping bubbles on the terrace of that gorgeous Spanish villa was all it took. Now 15 years later, Scott is a trained wine educator, receiving his education through the Wine & Spirit Education Trust in London. Scott has traveled extensively to wine regions across the globe…tasting and touring famed producers in regions such as Champagne, Chablis, Burgundy, Gascogne, Okanagan, as well as through the Sonoma and Napa regions of California.
- Bring I.D., 21+
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Attire? Blue, white and red preferred.
- Business cards are always a plus.
- Closest CTA Station: Chicago – Red Line
- Still feeling hungry?
- Bistronomic on Wabash between Pearson and Chestnut – French eclectic grub
- Café des Architectes at the Sofitel between State and Wabash – classy French wine bar and food available
- Café Iberico on LaSalle between Chicago and Superior – Spanish tapas.
- Lyfe Kitchen on State between Pearson and Chestnut millennial-style dining, but some pretty good grub and wine or beer.