Date(s) - 01/18/2019 - 01/19/2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Cover Image: Lal Batti – Courtesy of Asia Society
What’s up? Don’t miss Asia Society’s LBGT happy hour evening of wine, networking, art and ambiance.
Damage? Free entry, cash bar
Why you should go. Asia Society and Sholay Productions are proud to present a special edition of the roving, New York based LGBTQ Bollywood inspired dance party, Desilicious, as we celebrate the final weekend of the exhibition The Progressive Revolution: Modern Art for a New India. Featuring DJ Ashu Rai, resident DJ and co-founder of Sholay Productions, bringing her signature mix of Bollywood-House music; South Asian Drag show with Lal Batti; and free admission to the galleries. Cash bar.
- Dress code: Business or casual is fine but presentable and even a bit classy.
- Bring your I.D. 21+
- Business cards are always a plus.
- If you’re going to drink, hydrate and get a bite to eat beforehand.
- Bring cash for coat check / cloakroom and of course the bar
- Fancy a nightcap or a bite to eat nearby?
- Bar Room 117 60th St (between Lex and Park) – cozy, decent French wine, a crapload of beers on tap and bar food.
- Fig & Olive Lexington between 62nd 61st. One of many locations in New York City
- Lexington Bar & Books 1020 Lexington by 72nd St. – Close, cozy and rustic
- Loew’s Regency Bar & Grill (Park by 60th) – if you want a classy hotel bar with old school elegance, no need to look further.
- Vero Wine Bar 1483 2nd Ave (by 77th St.)