Date(s) - 05/18/2018
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
WNYC Greene Space
- Foodie / Cuisine
- Art / Cultural Events
- Roundtable / Colloquium
- Meet and Greet
- Lecture / Panel Discussion
Cover image: Farm-to-tap Brews at the Greene Space © Kei Hayashi for WhereNYC
What’s up? Sip local craft beers while enjoying classical music at the Greene Space.
Why you should go. What could spell summer better than an unusually brilliant mash up of locally made beer and live classical music? This installment of Mainly Mozart features acclaimed pianist Xiayin Wang; the classical cover collective JHM Jams; On Site Opera, featuring Kristin Gornstein (mezzo) and Spencer Viator (tenor); and the Long Island Vegetable Orchestra. You read that right: a band that plays vegetables. For real.
All the beer that night will come from our friends at SingleCut Beersmiths in Queens.
WQXR’s Matt Abramovitz hosts.
What is the Greene Space?
- RSVP ASAP Limited seating available.
- Entrance is the near the corner of Varick and Charlton Street.
- Dress code: Business or casual works.
- Bring your I.D. if you plan on drinking
- Business cards are always a plus
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Fancy a night cap or a bite to eat nearby?
- City Winery, 155 Varick Street, New York, NY, 10013 ($$) -located just south of the Greene Space with a convenient no-nonsense wine bar for a quick snifter.
- En Brasserie ($$) 435 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014- impressive your friends from out-of-town. An upscale Japanese restaurant, the lounge area offers comfortable seating with great food and drink menu. Keep this spot in mind for a date.
- Little Italy Pizza & Deli ($) 180 Varick St (South of Houston) 10014- No name pre-eat and hydrate spot. Fast, cheap, reliable and comforting.
- Nancy Whiskey Pub ($$)- 1 Lispenard St by Canal St, New York, NY 10013, divey, comforting boozer.
- Pegu Club, ($$) 2nd fl. Houston and Broadway (next to Dos Caminos) Heading north towards Houston? One of the best swanky lounges with a polite staff with little attitude. The perfect date or impress-your-mate spot.
- Reade Street Pub, ($) 135 Reade St, New York, NY 10013 – old school bars speak to me. It is reasonably priced that won’t tear your ears with the sound of being ripped off.
- The Village Tavern 46 Bedford St, New York, NY 10014 – cozy, neighborhood boozer with plenty of sports, beers on tap, wines and spirits.