Date(s) - 10/23/2019
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Art / Cultural Events
- Meet and Greet
- Fashion / Mode
- Lecture / Panel Discussion
Image: View of the Glass Room with Women at Work. Art Interchange, October 1894.
What’s up? Jennifer P. Thalheimer, Curator and Collection Manager at the Morse Museum of American Art, will discuss the extraordinary life of Clara Driscoll and several other female artists from Tiffany Studios.
Why you should go. Alternative Truths considers the artistry and success of Tiffany Studios through the lens of the impactful women of Tiffany Studios such as Clara Driscoll, and other women artists, creators, and managers of the Tiffany firms whose roles have only recently come to light. The discussion will interrogate the complex relationship between Louis Comfort Tiffany and his workers, by lifting the veil on the Master artist to re-frame this American Gilded Age success story to reflect a more equitable truth.
What is the Driehaus?
A former mansion, the Driehaus is one of Chicago’s quaintest museums that is also one of the city’s best kept secrets. Quietly tucked away in River North, it hosts a wide range of talks and tours.
- RSVP ASAP
- Attire? Casual or business casual.
- Bring I.D. 21+
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Fancy a drink or a bit to eat in the area?
- Beacon Tavern 405 N Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
- Dublin 4 Irish Pub and Cafe 345 E Ohio St, Chicago, IL 60611
- Gyu-Kaku Chicago 210 E Ohio St, by St. Clair, Chicago, IL 60611-3268 – Japanese Barbecue
- Kerryman Irish Bar 661 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60654
- Pops for Champagne 601 N State St (by Grand), Chicago, IL 60610