Date(s) - 03/02/2019
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Museum of Contemporary Art
What’s up? Driehaus Chicago welcomes contemporary British-Nigerian artist Yinka Shonibare.
Why you should go. A panel including Executive Director of the Driehaus Museum, Richard P. Townsend, Manilow Senior Curator of the Museum of Contemporary Art, Naomi Beckwith and independent art historian and curator, Lowery Stokes Sims explores the provocative art of British-Nigerian artist Yinka Shonibare CBE, who draws on history, politics, and fashion to explore our understanding of the past in relation to today’s changing global-cultural landscape.
What is the Driehaus?
A former mansion, the Driehaus is one of Chicago’s quaintest museums that is also one of the city’s best kept secrets. Quietly tucked away in River North, it hosts a wide range of talks and tours.
- RSVP ASAP
- Attire? Casual or business casual.
- Bring I.D. 21+
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Fancy a drink or a bit to eat in the area?
- Beacon Tavern 405 N Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
- Bombay Wraps -330 E Ohio St (by Fairbanks), Chicago, IL 60611 – delicious casual Indian
- Dublin 4 Irish Pub and Cafe 345 E Ohio St, Chicago, IL 60611
- Gyu-Kaku Chicago 210 E Ohio St, by St. Clair, Chicago, IL 60611-3268 – Japanese Barbecue
- India House 59 W Grand Ave (East of Clark St)., Chicago, IL 60654 – Classic Northern Indian
- Kerryman Irish Bar 661 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60654
- Pops for Champagne 601 N State St (by Grand), Chicago, IL 60610