Date(s) - 11/16/2018
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Cover image: Reception at the Japan Society © Daphne Youree
Damage? Free RSVP or call 212-715-1293.
Why you should go. Happy hour and free admission! Leap into spring with our popular monthly mixer for art enthusiasts! Items not to miss include: current gallery exhibition, Yasumasa Morimura: Ego Obscura, on view through January 13. Throughout the evening, enjoy live music and complimentary tastings of sake, courtesy of Haikara Sake. Takoyaki will be available for purchase by Karl’s Balls.
- RSVP Recommended!
- Attire? Casual or business? Either or.
- Bring I.D. 21+
- Business cards are always a plus. Hand them facing your partner with two hands of course. ^^
- Coat check/ cloak room is limited so travel lightly.
- Bring friends or go it alone.
- Fancy a drink or bite to eat in the area?
- Aburiya Kinnosuke $$ 213 E 45th St, New York, NY 10017 -Very classy, great menu, upscale izakaya
- Gyu-Kaku Midtown $$ 805 3rd Ave by 50th St. 2nd fl, New York, NY 10022 . – Japanese barbecue, Smart, sophisticated, good service. Happy hour from 5-6pm with half-priced drafts.
- Hidechan Ramen $$ 248 E 52nd St (2nd Ave), New York, NY 10022. 2nd Fl. – You can pick the size of your noodle and opt for kaedama, or supplementary noodle portion
- Momosan Ramen $$ 342 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10016 – Morimoto’s latest New York venture – the spicy tan-tan men ramen tempered with coconut milk is a revelation of pure deliciousness.
- Sir Harry’s at the Waldorf Astoria $$ Park or Lexington entrances between 49th and 50th St – Quiet classic, old-school hotel bar boozer. There are three other bar options at the Waldorf.
- Riki $141 E 45th St, New York, NY 10017 (Lex and 3rd) – Izakaya inexpensive, upstairs karaoke rooms. Non-tipping establishment.
- Sakagura $$211 E 43rd St, New York, NY 10017 (next to Soba Totto) – Tucked below in an office building, but has most extensive sake menu and good food
- Soba Totto $$ 211 E 43rd St A, New York, NY 10017 (next to Sakagura) – A personal favorite. Classy, fantastic intimate sake bar and restaurant, a great find
- Udon West$ 46th St between Lexington and 3rd Ave. – You can’t go wrong here. Pitchers of beer, decent grub, fast service
- Whiskey Blue at the W Hotel $$- 50th and Lexington. – Dark, wooden, comfortable and great selection.