Date(s) - 03/07/2018
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
FIAF (Alliance française)
Cover Photo Courtesy of FIAF
What’s up? Join New York Times food writer Florence Fabricant at French Institute Alliance Française for a sumptuous evening of cheese and wine.
Why you should go. With the right wine and cheese, it is a match made in heaven. Florence Fabricant, nationally renowned New York Times food reporter, takes you on an unusual pairing journey of French white wines and cheeses. Discover how to be an expert matchmaker in your own right.
White Wine + Cheese Pairings
• Domaine de la Renaudie, Touraine Sauvignon
Blanc 2016 + Goat Cheese
• Antonin Rodet, Mâcon Villages 2015 + Coulommiers
• Crémant d’Alsace Willm Blanc de Noirs + Brillat-Savarin
• Alsace Willm Riesling 2016 + Epoisse
• Château de Montcontour, Vouvray demi-sec 2016
+ Fourme d’Ambert
And Domaine Dominique Piron Beaujolais Villages 2016, paired with Comté.
These delectable pairings of fine wine and cheese will be accompanied by a selection of artisanal breads from French boulangerie Maison Kayser.
- RSVP ASAP
- Attire? Dressy casual works.
- Bring your I.D. strictly 21+
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Business cards are always a plus.
- Travel lightly. Coat check may be limited.
- The event is in FIAF’s Sky Room and is in English
- Fancy a nightcap or bite to eat in the area?
- The Bar Room 117 E. 60th Street. New York, NY 10022. between Lexington & Park. Almost hidden but beautiful interior with a full bar tons of craft beer, wines and spirits. Great burgers!
- Fig & Olive 808 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10065 (lower level) Mediterranean-inspired cuisine with full bar.
- The Jeffrey Craft Beers and Bites – It’s great to see a little craft beer elegance in Midtown East with this Bohemian and comfortable boozer!
- The Plaza Hotel Food Court by Todd English 1 W 59th St, (5th Ave) New York, NY 10019 basement level, everything imaginable is available with seriously good options. Can get crowded.
- The Regency Bar on Park Av. 540 Park Ave, New York, NY 10065 (by 60th St)
(212) 759-4100 – a high end bar with an endless wine/ spirit selection. Comfortable with old school elegance.