Date(s) - 05/16/2018
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
FIAF (Alliance française)
Cover Photo Courtesy of FIAF
What’s up? Join Hortense Bernard, Millesima General Manager for a sumptuous wine tasting at the French Institute Alliance Française
Why you should go. One of France’s oldest wine-making regions, Rhône Valley boasts extraordinary diversity, from the North’s robust Syrah to the South’s fruitier Grenache-dominated wines. Taste some of the region’s most outstanding wines in this masterclass inspired by Rhône Valley enthusiast and the late renowned chef Paul Bocuse.
Presenters Benjamin Raphanel (Millesima), Ilya Smolenskiy (Skurnik Wines), and Mike Duffy (Martin Scott Wines) will share their expertise and insights on the Rhône Valley and help you gain a true understanding and appreciation for the region’s wines.
- Domaine Louis Cheze, Ro Ree Blanc, Saint Joseph, 2016
- Domaine Louis Cheze, Pagus Luminis, Condrieu, 2015
- Domaine Paul Jaboulet Aîné, Domaine de Saint Pierre, Cornas, 2015
- Domaine Paul Jaboulet Aîné, ‘Les Cypres’, Vacqueyras, 2015
- Domaine François Villard, Le Galet Blanc, Côte Rôtie, 2015
- Domaine de La Solitude, Chateauneuf du Pape Rouge, 2015
The wines will be accompanied by a curated selection of President Cheeses, and the highest quality artisanal breads and gourmet charcuterie from French boulangerie Maison Kayser.
Attendees must be 21 or older
Presented as part of Wine Tour de France 2018
- RSVP ASAP
- Attire? Dressy casual works.
- Bring your I.D. strictly 21+
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Business cards are always a plus.
- Travel lightly. Coat check may be limited.
- The event is in FIAF’s Sky Room and is in English
- Fancy a nightcap or bite to eat in the area?
- The Bar Room 117 E. 60th Street. New York, NY 10022. between Lexington & Park. Almost hidden but beautiful interior with a full bar tons of craft beer, wines and spirits. Great burgers!
- Fig & Olive 808 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10065 (lower level) Mediterranean-inspired cuisine with full bar.
- The Jeffrey Craft Beers and Bites – It’s great to see a little craft beer elegance in Midtown East with this Bohemian and comfortable boozer!
- The Plaza Hotel Food Court by Todd English 1 W 59th St, (5th Ave) New York, NY 10019 basement level, everything imaginable is available with seriously good options. Can get crowded.
- The Regency Bar on Park Av. 540 Park Ave, New York, NY 10065 (by 60th St)
(212) 759-4100 – a high end bar with an endless wine/ spirit selection. Comfortable with old school elegance.