Date(s) - 05/22/2018
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Cover image: Courtesy of Kicking and Screaming Film Festival / Scandinavia House
What’s up? Now in its 10th year, the Kicking and Screening Film Festival returns to NYC at Scandinavia House, with an opening night presentation of Football For Better or Worse, directed by Inger Molin (Sweden, 2017).
Damage? $18 ($13.50 ASF Members)
Why you should go. When we talk of Sweden and football, its iconic players such as the legendary Zlatan Ibrahimovic comes to mind. Yet its female players get less press. In its U.S. premiere, this poignant documentary follows FC Rosengård, one of the top women’s soccer teams, through a dramatic year of triumph and loss.
What is Scandinavia House?
One of New York’s many well-kept secrets, Scandinavia House, like FIAF, the Taiwan Cultural Center and Japan Society, frequently hosts cultural events and film screenings and host language classes. Scandinavia House’s hit restaurant, SMÖRGÅS, on the ground floor features pleasurable Scandinavian cuisine with the elegance of a fine dining establishment.
- Dress code? Casual works.
- Alone or with friends? It’s your call.
- Fancy a drink or bite to eat nearby?
- Bookmarks Rooftop @ the Library Hotel Madison and 41st – great rooftop bar, cozy and intimate. Madison & Vine wine bar is on the ground floor
- Cinema Café @ 34th St and 3rd. Enjoyable this intimate spot, especially when the weather’s warm and they open the terrace. You won’t get more Parisian than this.
- Madison Avenue Bistro 238 Madison Avenue – feeling peckish, this unashamedly French classic restaurant is always a go to. Great desserts!
- Momosan Ramen Lexington Avenue between 38th and 39th streets -Morimoto’s latest venture a ramen shop with a creative twist – the tantan men is one of the best.
- Morgan Library Café 225 Madison Avenue, You want just a quick coffee or an upscale meal upstairs? I absolutely love this place. Guaranteed to impress anyone.
- The Ginger Man, 11 E. 36th. (between Madison and Lex) if you’re looking for an after work bar and a decent burger. This is a great option. Be wary though of running a tab at this place.