Date(s) - 02/08/2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Cover Image: Ellen Wallop/Asia Society
What’s up? Celebrate Lunar New Year with us at a special free Friday Leo Bar event inspired by the Year of the Pig! The museum stays open late from 6–9 p.m.
Damage? Free entry, cash bar
Why you should go. Free admission, exhibition tours, drink specials, late night shopping at AsiaStore, and more inspired by Lunar New Year traditions and activities. Be among the first to see the exhibition A Complete Map of the World: The Eighteenth-century Convergence of China and Europe for free on its opening weekend!
- FREE MUSEUM ADMISSION
- EXHIBITION TOURS of A Complete Map of the World
- FEATURING DJ NK Badtz Maru
- DRINK SPECIALS by Great Performances
Yuzu Collins – gin, yuzu, simple syrup, club soda
Blood Orange Cosmo – vodka, triple sec, lime juice
- LUNAR NEW YEAR BITES
Vegetarian Spring Rolls – sweet chili sauce
Pan Fried Chicken Dumpling – black vinegar sauce
- CRAFTS inspired by Lunar New Year
- SILVER NEEDLE TEA TASTING by Lucy Yung
- ASIASTORE DISCOUNTS
- Dress code: Business or casual is fine but presentable and even a bit classy.
- Bring your I.D. 21+
- Business cards are always a plus.
- If you’re going to drink, hydrate and get a bite to eat beforehand.
- Bring cash for coat check / cloakroom and of course the bar
- Fancy a nightcap or a bite to eat nearby?
- Bar Room 117 60th St (between Lex and Park) – cozy, decent French wine, a crapload of beers on tap and bar food.
- Fig & Olive Lexington between 62nd 61st. One of many locations in New York City
- Lexington Bar & Books 1020 Lexington by 72nd St. – Close, cozy and rustic
- Loew’s Regency Bar & Grill (Park by 60th) – if you want a classy hotel bar with old school elegance, no need to look further.
- Vero Wine Bar 1483 2nd Ave (by 77th St.)