Date(s) - 10/05/2018
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The Frick Collection
Cover image: © Lucas Chilczuk Photography
What’s Up? The Frick Collection, one of New York’s most beautiful museums, invites you to an evening of free after-hours tours, live classical music and courtyard sketching.
Damage? Free, No RSVP necessary . (Children under 10 years old will not be admitted.)
Following the massive success of its Summer Night series, the Frick Collection opens its doors for free every first Friday of the month (except for September and January).
Stroll over to one of the guided tours, admire the collections on your own or try your hand at sketching the fountains in the courtyard while sipping sparkling water.
Current Exhibitions include:
- Go early. Free events will fill up quickly.
- Dress code? Casual or business works.
- Business cards of course!
- Complimentary paper and pencils are available for courtyard sketching.
- Go alone or bring friends? Either or, but don’t miss out.
- Nearby spots? There are plenty.
- Garden Café at Asia Society, 725 Park Avenue New York, NY 10021 afternoon tea from 2-5pm, charming, quaint, great bookshop and lovely space- you must reserve 24 hours in advance. Please call 212-570-5202.
- Café Fledermaus & Café Sabarsky @ Neue Galerie – conviently located across the street from The Frick Collection
- Great Hall Balcony Bar @ The Met Museum – enjoy a glass of wine and live classical music, the Rooftop Bar is open during the summer
- Lenox Hill Grill (by 77th and Lexington) – sometimes you just want a burger with a beer or wine. This place is reliable and convenient.
- Lexington Bar and Books Lexington by 72nd St
- Seamstress 339 E. 75th Street, bar and tapas
- The Mark Bar 77th between 5th & Madison – swanky and chic, the perfect way to impress your date.