Date(s) - 05/10/2016
6:00 pm - 11:30 pm
Damage? Member RSVP
The crowd: NYC socialites, club-goers, expats and metronauts
Why you should go. From swanky parties to burlesque shows, French Tuesdays’ events never disappoint. Although they may seem exclusive, any member can nominate you or can add you to the guest list.
As for the venue, the Pennisula hotel will definitely impress your friends. Located in the heart of the ritzy 5th ave, it has a great rooftop bar with a spectacular view of the city.
- Get on the guest list. If you know a current member, he or she can add you.
- Dress code: Look the part for this. Swanky, chic, cool, classy – you get the drift. Gentlemen, don’t forget your jackets and polish your shoes.
- I.D. Required. 21+
- Business cards are a must.
- Cash recommended for bar and coatcheck / cloak room.
- Eat and hydrate before you go.
- Nearby spots? Plenty. You’re in good hands.
- Bar Clement at the Peninsula Hotel 55th & 5th avenue – pre-starter apéritif or ice breaker, this little bar is tucked away and perfect if you need a little one-on-one time.
- Casellula Wine & Cheese Bar, 401 W 52nd St, New York, NY 10019 – glad to see this place is still around. More a restaurant than a bar but can you go wrong with wine & cheese?
- Donburiya 253 W 55th St. New York, NY 10019 b/t Broadway & 8th Ave, new location. I used to eat at its old location on 47th by Lex. Grilled stuff over rice. You can’t go wrong.
- Kastuhama 55 43-45 W 55th St (b/t 5th & 6th aves), New York, NY 10019, the best Japanese soul food, fried Berkshire pork cutlet with plenty of cabbage and curry sauce.
- Le Pain Quotidien, 53rd betwen Madison and 5th ave this Belgian import is part of the international chain café war, but enjoy a bowl-sized cup of jo and pain au chocolat here while the coffee chain gangs duke it out.
- The London Hotel Bar 151 W 54th St, New York, NY 10019 – It’s a terrible shame that Maze is gone, but the location still has a really great bar worth checking out if you’re in the area.
- Randolph’s bar & lounge at the Warwick Hotel on 54th and 6th. I’m a big fan of old school hotel bars with classy interior and comfortable surroundings.
- Yakitori Totto 251 W 55th St, New York, NY 10019 – one of my favorite Japanese Izakaya / yakitori places in Manhattan. Cozy, sophisticated interior, great food. Popularity can create long waits, but it’s worth it.