Date(s) - 08/10/2017
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
French Cheese Board
Cover image – Courtesy of Kaori Mahajan for WhereNYC
What’s up? The French Cheese Board makes it magnifique with a special cheese lover crash course taking you through the ropes of France’s creamy delights.
Damage? $39, RSVP to Cheesesoffrance@
Why you should go. Join c for a gooey crash course exploring the best fromages of France, a country known for creamy Camembert of of Normandy, Brie de Meaux, nutty, sharp Mimolette and the luxurious Triple Crème. Whether slicing, pairing or just enjoying, join the fun and learn all about France’s most celebrated cheeses.
What is the French Cheese Board?
The French Cheese Board is the mecca of creamy goodness with frequent pop-up cheese sales, lectures, food art expos and meet-and-mingle soirées. The quirky concept store in SoHo is a gallery, reading room and cheese lab all piled into one. Previous events include: Japanese Suntory whisky and cheese pairing, a daring Chocolate and Cheese mystery box surprise, an amazing collaboration with Japanese tea purveyor Nippon Cha and an orgy of cheese and heavenly goodness with La Ligue des Fromagers extraordinaires! The Board’s mission is to draw the American public into the French cheese industry, with excitement and innovation. If you haven’t yet visited the French Cheese Board, then you’re in for a treat.
- RSVP ASAP
- Attire? Casual
- With friends or alone? Either or.
- Business cards recommended.
- An extra tote bag wouldn’t go amiss. Plenty of shopping in the area.
- Nearby spots for shopping, a drink and a bite to eat?
- Dean &Deluca – Broadway (between Spring & Prince) – upscale groceries with plenty of stuff to accompany your cheese.
- Despaña SoHo East of Lafayette, 410 Broome St, New York, NY 10013 (212) 219-1550 – a Spanish gourmet shop & café with loads of samples to taste. They’ve also got a wine shop next door.
- Harney & Sons by Broome and Crosby Sts., tea & scones café and tea wholesaler. Hosts tea-related events.
- Ladurée – 398 W Broadway, New York, NY 10012, elegant, upscale French import. Although famous for its macarons, it also has delicious pastries and savory options
- Moma Shop, West of Lafayette, 81 Spring St. New York, Ny, 10012 – a nice place to browse.
- Nolita Wine Merchants 227 Mulberry St. You got cheese, bread, and now for the wine. This small boutique has a great selection for your essential cheese kit.
- Vive la crêpe 51 Spring St, New York, NY 10012 – small café and French crêpes, convenient location