Date(s) - 09/13/2019
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Cover image Courtesy of Japan Society
What’s up? Join beer expert Anne Becerra, beverage director at Treadwell Park, for an exploration of Japanese craft beer and enjoy a tasty of reception of over 20 unique, regional beers from Japan.
Damage? $30- $35
Why you should go. While craft beer has become synonymous with bearded pot-bellied, flannel-clad men in the U.S. and extreme hoppy flavor, Japanese brewers are seeking to offer a different more balanced, food-pairing alternative.
- Bring I.D., 21+
- Attire? Casual or business? Either or.
- RSVP ASAP
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Business cards are always a plus.
- Coat check/ cloak room is limited so travel lightly
- Be safe, drink responsibly and kanpai!
- Fancy a nightcap or bite to eat in the area?
- Aburiya Kinnosuke $$ 213 E 45th St, New York, NY 10017 -Very classy, great menu, upscale izakaya
- Gyu-Kaku Midtown $$ 805 3rd Ave by 50th St. 2nd fl, New York, NY 10022 . – Japanese barbecue, Smart, sophisticated, good service. Happy hour from 5-6pm with half-priced drafts.
- Hidechan Ramen $$ 248 E 52nd St (2nd Ave), New York, NY 10022. 2nd Fl. – You can pick the size of your noodle and opt for kaedama, or supplementary noodle portion
- Momosan Ramen $$ 342 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10016 – Morimoto’s latest New York venture – the spicy tan-tan men ramen tempered with coconut milk is a revelation of pure deliciousness.
- Sir Harry’s at the Waldorf Astoria $$ Park or Lexington entrances between 49th and 50th St – Quiet classic, old-school hotel bar boozer. There are three other bar options at the Waldorf.
- Riki $141 E 45th St, New York, NY 10017 (Lex and 3rd) – Izakaya inexpensive, upstairs karaoke rooms. Non-tipping establishment.
- Sakagura $$211 E 43rd St, New York, NY 10017 (next to Soba Totto) – Tucked below in an office building, but has most extensive sake menu and good food
- Soba Totto $$ 211 E 43rd St A, New York, NY 10017 (next to Sakagura) – A personal favorite. Classy, fantastic intimate sake bar and restaurant, a great find
- Udon West$ 46th St between Lexington and 3rd Ave. – You can’t go wrong here. Pitchers of beer, decent grub, fast service
- Whiskey Blue at the W Hotel $$- 50th and Lexington. – Dark, wooden, comfortable and great selection.