Date(s) - 06/11/2018
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Japan Society’s Annual Sake talk and tasting © WhereNYC
What’s up? Japan Society’s 20th annual sake talk and tasting is back with 30 types of premium sake.
Damage? $40-45 (lecture and tastings)
Why you should go. Like Christmas or Easter, the annual sake tasting at the Japan Society is a must-attend delight featuring over 30 premium sakes from Japan. Hosted by industry expert and Sake World editor John Gauntner, the event kicks off with an informative discussion on the unorthodox variations of sake, followed by an incredible tasting selection. Whether an aficionado or novice, it will be an event not to miss.
- RSVP ASAP
- Attire? Casual or business? Either or.
- Bring I.D., 21+
- Business cards are always a plus.
- With over 30 sakes to taste, hydrate and eat before you go.
- Bring friends or go it alone? Bring friends.
- Fancy a nightcap or bite to eat nearby?
- Aburiya Kinnosuke $$ 213 E 45th St, New York, NY 10017 -Very classy, great menu, upscale izakaya
- Gyu-Kaku Midtown $$ 805 3rd Ave by 50th St. 2nd fl, New York, NY 10022 . – Japanese barbecue, Smart, sophisticated, good service. Happy hour from 5-6pm with half-priced drafts.
- Hidechan Ramen $$ 248 E 52nd St (2nd Ave), New York, NY 10022. 2nd Fl. – You can pick the size of your noodle and opt for kaedama, or supplementary noodle portion
- Momosan Ramen $$ 342 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10016 – Morimoto’s latest New York venture – the spicy tan-tan men ramen tempered with coconut milk is a revelation of pure deliciousness.
- Sir Harry’s at the Waldorf Astoria $$ Park or Lexington entrances between 49th and 50th St – Quiet classic, old-school hotel bar boozer. There are three other bar options at the Waldorf.
- Riki $141 E 45th St, New York, NY 10017 (Lex and 3rd) – Izakaya inexpensive, upstairs karaoke rooms. Non-tipping establishment.
- Sakagura $$211 E 43rd St, New York, NY 10017 (next to Soba Totto) – Tucked below in an office building, but has most extensive sake menu and good food
- Soba Totto $$ 211 E 43rd St A, New York, NY 10017 (next to Sakagura) – A personal favorite. Classy, fantastic intimate sake bar and restaurant, a great find
- Udon West$ 46th St between Lexington and 3rd Ave. – You can’t go wrong here. Pitchers of beer, decent grub, fast service
- Whiskey Blue at the W Hotel $$- 50th and Lexington. – Dark, wooden, comfortable and great selection.