Date(s) - 10/06/2018 - 10/07/2018
10:30 am - 6:00 pm
Cover Image: Courtesy of Japan Fes
What’s up? JapanFes returns with a new konamon streetfood festival.
Why you should go. The ultimate Japanese street food ingredient, konamon flour is ubiquitous as dashi, soy sauce and bonito flakes. It is used to make okonomiyaki (grilled whatever you like), takoyaki (octopus battered balls) and the essential izakaya junkfood favorite, yakisoba (buckwheat noodles, cabbage and dark, sticky tare grilled on the plancha).
- Check the locations before you go.
- No RSVP required. Entry is free.
- Attire? Travel lightly, Casual, comfy shoes, sunblock, shades and a tote bag.
- Bring cash to purchase tickets, street food and drink
- Go early to avoid crowds
- Check MTA for weekend travel advisories
- Bring friends or go it alone? Either or.