Date(s) - 06/07/2018
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Cover image: © Walter Green
What’s up? MOFAD welcomes Brooks Headley, chef-owner of Superiority Burger for a talk and tasting of bean burgers and more.
Why you should go. Economical, sustainable and nutritious. Beans are the main staples of many of the world’s regions whether made into masala curries, chilies or just on their own. Learn about the wonder of beans and enjoy a demonstration of their deliciousness with Superiority Burger’s Brooks Headley and Dave Rizo, as well as Rick Easton of Bread and Salt Bakery.
An informal reception and book signing for Superiority Burger Cookbook: The Vegetarian Hamburger is Now Delicious will follow. Tasting samples and Brooklyn Brewery beer provided.
What is MOFAD?
Carved out from an old garage, this museum lab devotes itself entirely to exploring food, drink and culture. MOFAD has hosted several inspiring after-hours events including: An evening of Polish vodka, Chef Pierre Thiam on Senegalese Cuisine, Food writer Sarah Lohman, Michael Twitty’s African Roots in Southern Cuisine, Spice Master Lior Lev Sercarz of La Boîte NYC, and Éric Ripert and Alex Guarnaschelli.
- RSVP ASAP before tickets sell out.
- Attire? Casual works.
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Business cards are always a plus.
- Fancy a nightcap or bite to eat nearby?
- Karczma, Karczma, 136 Greenpoint Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222
- Krolewskie Jadlo 694 Manhattan Avenue, Brooklyn NY, 11222 – Polish, the most medieval-looking restaurant I’ve ever seen.
- No Name Bar 597 Manhattan Ave. New York, NY 11222 Chinese trendy, hipster popular.
- Pete’s Candystore 709 Lorimer St, Brooklyn, NY 11211, No longer an old-school candystore, but a creative bar with live music.
- Spritzenhaus, 33 Nassau Avenue, Greenpoint, great selection of beer, family friendly, good dogs and fries. I love this place.
- Tørst 615 Manhattan Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222 Craft beers – yes this is Greenpoint!