Date(s) - 05/24/2018
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Cover image: © WhereNYC
What’s up? Sustainable agricultural pioneer Rob Laing of Farm.One discusses the farms of the future.
Why you should go.
In a world where appearance, longevity, and seasonal availability dominate a restaurant’s demand for produce, we’ve lost sight of what truly makes the dining experience fun, enjoyable, and wholly worthwhile: flavor!
Discover how Farm.One CEO and Founder Rob Laing is using sustainable agriculture, indoor hydroponic vertical farming, and the newest technologies to grow Manhattan’s freshest, most flavorful, chemical-free rare herbs, microgreens, and edible flowers. Learn how you can design and build your own hydroponic garden at home using simple, readily available, low cost materials.
What is MOFAD?
Carved out from an old garage, this museum lab devotes itself entirely to exploring food, drink and culture. MOFAD has hosted several inspiring after-hours events including: An evening of Polish vodka, Chef Pierre Thiam on Senegalese Cuisine, Food writer Sarah Lohman, Michael Twitty’s African Roots in Southern Cuisine, Spice Master Lior Lev Sercarz of La Boîte NYC, and Éric Ripert and Alex Guarnaschelli.
- RSVP ASAP before tickets sell out.
- Attire? Casual works.
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Business cards are always a plus.
- Fancy a nightcap or bite to eat nearby?
- Karczma, Karczma, 136 Greenpoint Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222
- Krolewskie Jadlo 694 Manhattan Avenue, Brooklyn NY, 11222 – Polish, the most medieval-looking restaurant I’ve ever seen.
- No Name Bar 597 Manhattan Ave. New York, NY 11222 Chinese trendy, hipster popular.
- Pete’s Candystore 709 Lorimer St, Brooklyn, NY 11211, No longer an old-school candystore, but a creative bar with live music.
- Spritzenhaus, 33 Nassau Avenue, Greenpoint, great selection of beer, family friendly, good dogs and fries. I love this place.
- Tørst 615 Manhattan Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222 Craft beers – yes this is Greenpoint!