Date(s) - 03/07/2020
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Foodie / Cuisine
- Art / Cultural Events
- Meet and Greet
- Lecture / Panel Discussion
Cover image: Courtesy of MOFAD
What’s up? Join MOFAD in celebrating the close of of CHOW: Making the Chinese American Restaurant and saying a hearty farewell to its Brooklyn home.
Why you should go. An evening of fantastic Chinese food, drink and a farewell to Brooklyn as MOFAD begins a new transformation with an upcoming exhibit opening in April at The Africa Center! Tickets for this event include mixed cocktails, a raffle, food, tea, photo wall, and music by DJ CherishtheLuv for the dance floor.
What is MOFAD? Carved out from an old garage, this museum lab devotes itself entirely to exploring food, drink and culture. MOFAD has hosted several inspiring after-hours events including: An evening of Polish vodka, Chef Pierre Thiam on Senegalese Cuisine, Food writer Sarah Lohman, Michael Twitty’s African Roots in Southern Cuisine, Spice Master Lior Lev Sercarz of La Boîte NYC, and Éric Ripert and Alex Guarnaschelli.
- RSVP ASAP
- Attire? Casual works.
- Bring I.D. 21+
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Business cards are always a plus.
- Fancy a nightcap or bite to eat nearby?
- Karczma, Karczma, 136 Greenpoint Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222
- Krolewskie Jadlo 694 Manhattan Avenue, Brooklyn NY, 11222 – Polish, the most medieval-looking restaurant I’ve ever seen.
- No Name Bar 597 Manhattan Ave. New York, NY 11222 Chinese trendy, hipster popular.
- Pete’s Candystore 709 Lorimer St, Brooklyn, NY 11211, No longer an old-school candystore, but a creative bar with live music.
- Spritzenhaus, 33 Nassau Avenue, Greenpoint, great selection of beer, family friendly, good dogs and fries. I love this place.
- Tørst 615 Manhattan Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222 Craft beers – yes this is Greenpoint!