Date(s) - 07/25/2019
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Foodie / Cuisine
- Art / Cultural Events
- Meet and Greet
- Lecture / Panel Discussion
Cover image: Courtesy of MOFAD
What’s up? Join chef,food writer and instructor Hiroko Shimbo for a tofu demonstration and tasting at the Museum of Food and Drink
Why you should go. Join Hiroko Shimbo as she presents the history and preparation of tofu with a fresh tofu making demonstration and tasting. The audience will learn about the use of nigari (the tofu coagulant) and how to prepare a simple tofu dressing that will be enjoyed with local, seasonal vegetables after the demonstration.
What is MOFAD?
Carved out from an old garage, this museum lab devotes itself entirely to exploring food, drink and culture. MOFAD has hosted several inspiring after-hours events including: An evening of Polish vodka, Chef Pierre Thiam on Senegalese Cuisine, Food writer Sarah Lohman, Michael Twitty’s African Roots in Southern Cuisine, Spice Master Lior Lev Sercarz of La Boîte NYC, and Éric Ripert and Alex Guarnaschelli.
- RSVP ASAP before tickets sell out.
- Attire? Casual works.
- Bring I.D. 21+
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Business cards are always a plus.
- Fancy a nightcap or bite to eat nearby?
- Karczma, Karczma, 136 Greenpoint Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222
- Krolewskie Jadlo 694 Manhattan Avenue, Brooklyn NY, 11222 – Polish, the most medieval-looking restaurant I’ve ever seen.
- No Name Bar 597 Manhattan Ave. New York, NY 11222 Chinese trendy, hipster popular.
- Pete’s Candystore 709 Lorimer St, Brooklyn, NY 11211, No longer an old-school candystore, but a creative bar with live music.
- Spritzenhaus, 33 Nassau Avenue, Greenpoint, great selection of beer, family friendly, good dogs and fries. I love this place.
- Tørst 615 Manhattan Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222 Craft beers – yes this is Greenpoint!