Date(s) - 10/10/2018
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Cover image Courtesy of MOFAD
What’s up? Join food writers Julia Turshen, Nik Sharma, and Jarry for the book launch party of the year at MOFAD
Why you should go. To celebrate the release of Now & Again by Julia Turshen and Season by Nik Sharma, MOFAD is serving special soups from these cookbooks prepared by the Brooklyn party and fundraising series Queer Soup Night. There will also be small bites from each recipe book prepared by MOFAD chef John Hutt, cocktails from Shannon Mustipher, Brooklyn Brewery beer, book signings, and a conversation with Julia, Nik, and Jarry Mag co-founder Lukas Volger.
What is MOFAD?
Carved out from an old garage, this museum lab devotes itself entirely to exploring food, drink and culture. MOFAD has hosted several inspiring after-hours events including: An evening of Polish vodka, Chef Pierre Thiam on Senegalese Cuisine, Food writer Sarah Lohman, Michael Twitty’s African Roots in Southern Cuisine, Spice Master Lior Lev Sercarz of La Boîte NYC, and Éric Ripert and Alex Guarnaschelli.
- RSVP ASAP before tickets sell out.
- Attire? Casual works.
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Business cards are always a plus.
- Fancy a nightcap or bite to eat nearby?
- Karczma, Karczma, 136 Greenpoint Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222
- Krolewskie Jadlo 694 Manhattan Avenue, Brooklyn NY, 11222 – Polish, the most medieval-looking restaurant I’ve ever seen.
- No Name Bar 597 Manhattan Ave. New York, NY 11222 Chinese trendy, hipster popular.
- Pete’s Candystore 709 Lorimer St, Brooklyn, NY 11211, No longer an old-school candystore, but a creative bar with live music.
- Spritzenhaus, 33 Nassau Avenue, Greenpoint, great selection of beer, family friendly, good dogs and fries. I love this place.
- Tørst 615 Manhattan Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222 Craft beers – yes this is Greenpoint!