Date(s) - 05/03/2018 - 05/04/2018
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Cover image: © WhereNYC
What’s up? Italian-trained honey expert Carla Marina Marchese will take you on a sensory journey of the world of honey
Why you should go. Engage your senses in the sweet world of honey through a fun and interactive guided tasting flight of 6 limited harvest honeys. Master how to perfectly pair them with cheese, fruits, bread from Bien Cuit, nuts, chocolate from Antidote Chocolate, and even mead. By the end of the workshop, you will have sharpened your tasting skills and palette to evaluate any honey and will know how to choose the ideal food to complement and contrast them. As a bonus, you will learn how to build a honey tasting board to woo your guests at your next cocktail party. This is truly the art of honey and a unique honey lover’s experience!
What is MOFAD?
Carved out from an old garage, this museum lab devotes itself entirely to exploring food, drink and culture. MOFAD has hosted several inspiring after-hours events including: An evening of Polish vodka, Chef Pierre Thiam on Senegalese Cuisine, Food writer Sarah Lohman, Michael Twitty’s African Roots in Southern Cuisine, Spice Master Lior Lev Sercarz of La Boîte NYC, and Éric Ripert and Alex Guarnaschelli.
- RSVP ASAP before tickets sell out.
- Attire? Casual works.
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Business cards are always a plus.
- Fancy a nightcap or bite to eat nearby?
- Karczma, Karczma, 136 Greenpoint Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222
- Krolewskie Jadlo 694 Manhattan Avenue, Brooklyn NY, 11222 – Polish, the most medieval-looking restaurant I’ve ever seen.
- No Name Bar 597 Manhattan Ave. New York, NY 11222 Chinese trendy, hipster popular.
- Pete’s Candystore 709 Lorimer St, Brooklyn, NY 11211, No longer an old-school candystore, but a creative bar with live music.
- Spritzenhaus, 33 Nassau Avenue, Greenpoint, great selection of beer, family friendly, good dogs and fries. I love this place.
- Tørst 615 Manhattan Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222 Craft beers – yes this is Greenpoint!