Date(s) - 03/16/2018 - 03/17/2018
9:00 pm - 1:00 am
American Museum of Natural History
Cover image: Courtesy of Felix Da Housecat / AMNH
Damage? $26 advance/ $30 at the door
Why you should go. It’s Chicago meets Brooklyn at One Step Beyond!. Nominated for two grammys Felix Da Housecat is one Chicago House’s icons including collaborations with artists such as P.Diddy and Katy B and currently has his own radio show with BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix. Brooklyn native Jovonn is an old school icon of the New York hiphop DJ scene and is still going strong in the R&B, rap music scene.
What is One Step Beyond? If the universe could reboot with another Big Bang, it would kick off with the best bangon party like One Step Beyond.Sharing its title with British ska legends Madness, One Step Beyond at the Natural History Museum is one of New York’s best dance parties. DJs from all over the country and abroad have spun amazing sets under an unbelievable light show. It draws big names such as: house gurus, Kenny Dope and Eli Escobar, icons Brothers Macklovitch, hip-hop legends Stretch Armstrong with DJ Quik, reggae / dance hall steppers Dre Skull and Massive B Sound System, house DJs Rich Medina and DJ Spinna, EDM maestros Air Bird & Neon Indian and an all-vinyl set with DJ Misbehaviour, Arthur Baker and Joey Carvello.
- Buy your tickets in advance.
- Bring I.D. 21+
- Dress code: Club chic.
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Entrance under the main steps at Central Park West and 79th street.
- Coat check is $3
- Plan your trip if using public transportation
- For the bar, you must buy your drink tickets at one of the kiosques.
- Useful Drink Tip: Buy all your drink tickets first before you dance. The crowd fills up after 10pm. Don’t spend the evening queuing for booze.
- Eat and hydrate before going. Free cold water is available.
- Fancy a quick bite or drink in the area?
- Caffè Storico at the New York Historical Society, by 81st and Central Park West – great wine selection and full food menu
- Jacob’s Pickles 509 Amsterdam Ave (between 84th and 85th), New York, NY 10024- Southern comfort food
- Vanguard Wine Bar 189 Amsterdam Ave by 69th St, New York, NY 10023 – great wine bar with delicious canapés and tapas.
- Be safe, responsible and have fun dancing!