Date(s) - 10/27/2017
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Cover image: © Ikenobo Ikebana Society New York City Chapter
What’s up? This Nihongo Chat + J-Culture event will feature a special presentation of Ikebana or Japanese flower arranging. After the presentation, the regular Nihongo Chat program will resume.
Damage? Admission: $5 cash, free for university students with valid I.D. (refreshments provided)
RSVP to email@example.com or to 212-715-1293.
Why you should go. For the proficient, novice dabbler or beginner, this is a great way to learn some Japanese and meet new people. Regardless of speaking ability, all levels, especially beginners, are welcome. So grab a refreshment, mingle and learn some Japanese the fun way.
- firstname.lastname@example.org or to 212-715-1293.
- Attire? Casual or business? Either or.
- Business cards are always a plus. Hand them facing your partner with two hands of course. ^^
- Coat check/ cloak room is limited so travel lightly
- Bring friends or go it alone. It’s $5 with refreshments.
- Fancy a drink or bite to eat in the area?
- Aburiya Kinnosuke $$ 213 E 45th St, New York, NY 10017 -Very classy, great menu, upscale izakaya
- Gyu-Kaku Midtown $$ 805 3rd Ave by 50th St. 2nd fl, New York, NY 10022 . – Japanese barbecue, Smart, sophisticated, good service. Happy hour from 5-6pm with half-priced drafts.
- Hidechan Ramen $$ 248 E 52nd St (2nd Ave), New York, NY 10022. 2nd Fl. – You can pick the size of your noodle and opt for kaedama, or supplementary noodle portion
- Momosan Ramen $$ 342 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10016 – Morimoto’s latest New York venture – the spicy tan-tan men tempered with coconut milk is a revelation of pure deliciousness.
- Sir Harry’s at the Waldorf Astoria $$ Park or Lexington entrances between 49th and 50th St – Quiet classic, old-school hotel bar boozer. There are three other bar options at the Waldorf.
- Riki $141 E 45th St, New York, NY 10017 (Lex and 3rd) – Izakaya inexpensive, upstairs karaoke rooms. Non-tipping establishment.
- Sakagura $$211 E 43rd St, New York, NY 10017 (next to Soba Totto) – Tucked below in an office building, but has most extensive sake menu and good food
- Soba Totto $$ 211 E 43rd St A, New York, NY 10017 (next to Sakagura) – A personal favorite. Classy, fantastic intimate sake bar and restaurant, a great find
- Udon West$ 46th St between Lexington and 3rd Ave. – You can’t go wrong here. Pitchers of beer, decent grub, fast service
- Whiskey Blue at the W Hotel $$- 50th and Lexington. – Dark, wooden, comfortable and great selection.