Date(s) - 08/11/2018
12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Warm Up 2017 © Sara Wass
What’s up? Summer weekends, outdoor barbecues just scream for a dance party. Join Moma PS1’s summer party every Saturday through September 1st.
Why you should go. Similar to its Pop Rally series at Moma, Warm Up draws younger crowds with an outdoor DJ show. Now in its 20th year, Warm Up continues to be a huge success, attracting DJs from abroad and right here in the US. Expect jubilant crowds, all ages and tons of dancing at New York’s former first public school! Don’t forget that this party starts in July and goes all summer long.
Omar-S / FXHE / Detroit, MI
Axel Boman / Studio Barnhus / Stockholm, Sweden
Jon Bap / Dolphin Records / Dallas, TX
Jennifer Cardini / Correspondant / Berlin, Germany
Standing on the Corner (Standing On The Corner / New York, NY)
Molly (Molly / RDV Music / Paris, France) DJ Sanna / New York, NY + Baghdad, Iraq
- Buy your tix in advance, door price is more. Cheap tickets are sometimes available the day of
- Doors open at 12pm; party starts at 3PM.
- Dress code: Summer casual or clubbing work, comfy shoes recommended
- No outside food or alcohol allowed.
- Hydrate and eat before you go.
- Bring cash for food and booze
- Check the MTA weekend travel alerts
- “Warm Up” is a special event and doesn’t include admission to PS1 – all galleries close at 6PM
- Nearby spots?
- Café Triskell 33-04 36th Ave, Astoria, NY 11106 – the best brunch in Queens. Breton, French, quaint, small but great dishes. (Cash only)
- LIC Market 21-52 44th Dr, Long Island City, NY 11101, reasonable, casual dining
- Madera,47-29 Vernon Blvd, Long Island City, NY 11101, Cuban cuisine
- Tournesol 50-12 Vernon Blvd, Long Island City, NY 11101, French classic