Date(s) - 07/21/2016
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
WNYC Greene Space
What’s up? They say politics and drinks don’t mix, but at the WNYC Greene Space, Host Keli Goff and panel of experts invite you to enjoy a cocktail or two while watching the final night of the RNC Convention.
Why you should go. Hosting performances, foodie events, lectures, and panel discussions, the WNYC Greene Space is a community in itself that fosters the exchange of ideas and cultures. Join Keli Goff at the Greene Space panel discussion and watch final night of the RNC convention as the GOP officially nominates Donald Trump. Perhaps, we will all need a drink after this.
- Amy Holmes, conservative political analyst
- Brooke Gladstone, host of WNYC Studio’s On The Media
- Catie Lazarus, comedienne and host of “Employee of the Month” podcast
- Alexi McCammond, associate news editor of Bustle
- Basil Smikle, executive director of the New York State Democratic Party
- Elinor Tatum, publisher and editor-in-chief of Amsterdam News
- Dress code: Business or casual works.
- Bring your I.D. if you plan on drinking
- Business cards are a must.
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Hydrate and grab a bite before you go. Alcohol will dehydrate you.
- Fancy a night cap or a bite to eat?
- City Winery, 155 Varick Street, New York, NY, 10013 – -located just south of the Greene Space with a convenient no-nonsense wine bar for a quick snifter.
- En Brasserie – impressive your friends from out-of-town. An upscale Japanese restaurant, the lounge area offers comfortable seating with great food and drink menu. Keep this spot in mind for a date.
- Nancy Whiskey Pub – 1 Lispenard St by Canal St, New York, NY 10013, divey, comforting boozer.
- Pegu Club, 2nd fl. Houston and Broadway (next to Dos Caminos) Heading north towards Houston? One of the best swanky lounges with a polite staff with little attitude. The perfect date or impress-your-mate spot.
- Reade Street Pub, 135 Reade St, New York, NY 10013 – old school bars speak to me. It is reasonably priced that won’t tear your ears with the sound of being ripped off.