Date(s) - 06/17/2018
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Rubin Museum of Art
- Foodie / Cuisine
- Art / Cultural Events
- Meet and Greet
- Family friendly
Cover image courtesy of the Rubin Museum
What’s up? Join the Rubin Museum for a Summer Block Party of family-friendly festivities and live entertainment.
Damage? Free admission to block party and museum. Food available for purchase.
Why you should go. It’s Father’s Day as never before. Step inside a rainbow bubble, play Mongolian bone games, watch a Bollywood dance, and ceremoniously destroy a sand mandala—a celebration of Asia. Family-friendly, vibrant and right in the middle of Chelsea, the Rubin Museum of Art’s annual block party is one of the highlights of summer.
Falu’s Bazaar, Ajna Dance, Palyul Monks, India Home elders, and more on Father’s Day for art making, performances, food trucks, and multigenerational fun.
Summer fun at The Rubin Museum of Art © Rubin Art Museum
- Casual dress, comfy shoes, a totebag, water and sunblock.
- Bring cash for food and refreshments.
- Check the MTA for weekend subway service advisories.
- Alone or with friends? Either or
- Need a little shade and maybe a beer? See below.
- Bar Six, bar, restaurant 502 Ave of the Americas, New York, NY 10011 – Love this place. Convenient, great selection and good buzz.
- Bill’s Bar & Burger 15 West Street, Meat Packing District – great beer and delicious burgers. Close proximity to the Highline.
- Eataly NYC by 23rd and Broadway- loads of eating options food court but gets crowded
- Laut 15 E. 17th St. pan-Asian, good service and food.
- Le Singe Vert – French bistro, 160 7th Ave New York, NY, 10011, reliable, great desserts, charming.
- Lillie’s Union Square Bar / Restaurant, Edward the 7th would have loved this place, which is a shrine to Lille Langtry. Cozy, charming and great selection of drinks.