Date(s) - 11/10/2018 - 11/11/2018
9:00 pm - 1:00 am
Rubin Museum of Art
What’s up? Melt away stress and join friends at an after-hours dance party featuring the hypnotic rhythms and otherworldly music of Innov Gnawa, the Grammy-nominated Moroccan Gnawa group, along with live audio/video remixes by HAT (Hatim Belyamani) of remix ←→ culture and Turntables on the Hudson’s DJ Busquelo.
Damage? $25 drinks and food available for purchase
Why you should go. The Rubin Museum is one of the city’s best kept secrets. Located in Chelsea, it specializes in Himalayan and South Asian art. Sleek and elegant, the Rubin hosts fun after-hours events including its K2, every Friday, when the museum transforms into a swanky lounge with drinks and DJ spinning electronic vibes.
- RSVP ASAP
- Attire? Club chic
- Arrive early to check out the exhibits before the show starts.
- Bring I.D. 21+
- Business cards are always a plus.
- Alone or with friends? With friends!
- Be safe, drink responsibly and have fun!
- Fancy a drink or a bite to eat nearby?
- Bar Six, bar, restaurant 502 Ave of the Americas, New York, NY 10011 – Convenient, great selection and good buzz.
- Bill’s Bar & Burger 15 West Street, Meat Packing District – great beer and delicious burgers. Close proximity to the Highline.
- Eataly NYC by 23rd and Broadway- loads of eating options food court but gets crowded.
- Laut 15 E. 17th St. pan-Asian, good service and food.
- Le Singe Vert – French bistro, 160 7th Ave New York, NY, 10011, reliable, great desserts, charming.
- Lillie’s Union Square Bar / Restaurant, Edward the 7th would have loved this place, which is a shrine to Lille Langtry. Cozy, charming and great selection of drinks.
- Mikado Sushi 525 Ave of the Americas by 14th St., New York, NY 10011 – convenient, good food, reasonably priced.