Date(s) - 04/05/2019
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Rubin Museum of Art
Cover image courtesy of the Rubin Museum
What’s up? Cocktails, art, and music make a heady mix at K2 Friday Nights. Café Serai becomes the K2 Lounge, offering a special pan-Asian menu to accompany the evening’s DJ. Happy hour runs from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. with a two-for-one special on all beer, wine, and well drinks. Coming with friends? Click here to learn more about group reservations.
Damage? Free drinks and food available for purchase
Why you should go. The Rubin Museum is one of the city’s best kept secrets. Located in Chelsea, it specializes in Himalayan and South Asian art. Sleek and elegant, the Rubin hosts fun after-hours events including its K2, every Friday, when the museum transforms into a swanky lounge with drinks and DJ spinning electronic vibes.
Opening Night Schedule
- Happy Hour in the K2 Lounge | 6:00–7:00 PM
- DJ Tasha Blank performs in the K2 Lounge | 6:00–11:00 PM
- Opening remarks from Executive Director Jorrit Britschgi and Curator Elena Pakhoutova | 6:45 PM
- Docent-led Museum tours | 7:00 PM and 8:00 PM
- After remarks and tours, join the dance party in the K2 Lounge!
- Attire? Club chic
- Arrive early to check out the exhibits before the show starts.
- Bring I.D. 21+ if you’re planning to drink
- Business cards are always a plus.
- Alone or with friends? With friends!
- Be safe, drink responsibly and have fun!
- Fancy a drink or a bite to eat nearby?
- Bar Six, bar, restaurant 502 Ave of the Americas, New York, NY 10011 – Convenient, great selection and good buzz.
- Bill’s Bar & Burger 15 West Street, Meat Packing District – great beer and delicious burgers. Close proximity to the Highline.
- Eataly NYC by 23rd and Broadway- loads of eating options food court but gets crowded.
- Laut 15 E. 17th St. pan-Asian, good service and food.
- Le Singe Vert – French bistro, 160 7th Ave New York, NY, 10011, reliable, great desserts, charming.
- Lillie’s Union Square Bar / Restaurant, Edward the 7th would have loved this place, which is a shrine to Lille Langtry. Cozy, charming and great selection of drinks.
- Mikado Sushi 525 Ave of the Americas by 14th St., New York, NY 10011 – convenient, good food, reasonably priced.