Date(s) - 08/16/2019
6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Rubin Museum of Art
- Art / Cultural Events
- Roundtable / Colloquium
- Meet and Greet
- Lecture / Panel Discussion
Cover image courtesy of the Rubin Museum
What’s up? Join Deepak Chopra and and Don Hoffman for a compelling discussion on defining truth.
Damage? $55.20 – 69.00
Why you should go. Seeing may be believing, but that doesn’t make it true. Deepak Chopra, MD, and cognitive scientist Don Hoffman attempt to define what is true while discussing Dr. Hoffman’s new book, The Case Against Reality. This groundbreaking examination argues that our visual perception of space, time, and physical objects is not a window on reality but a user interface constructed by natural selection to hide reality and guide adaptive actions.
- RSVP ASAP
- Attire? Business or casual works.
- Business cards are always a plus.
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Fancy a drink or a bite to eat nearby?
- Bar Six, bar, restaurant 502 Ave of the Americas, New York, NY 10011 – Convenient, great selection and good buzz.
- Bill’s Bar & Burger 15 West Street, Meat Packing District – great beer and delicious burgers. Close proximity to the Highline.
- Eataly NYC by 23rd and Broadway- loads of eating options food court but gets crowded.
- Laut 15 E. 17th St. pan-Asian, good service and food.
- Le Singe Vert – French bistro, 160 7th Ave New York, NY, 10011, reliable, great desserts, charming.
- Lillie’s Union Square Bar / Restaurant, Edward the 7th would have loved this place, which is a shrine to Lille Langtry. Cozy, charming and great selection of drinks.
- Mikado Sushi 525 Ave of the Americas by 14th St., New York, NY 10011 – convenient, good food, reasonably priced.