Date(s) - 01/12/2019
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Art / Cultural Events
- Meet and Greet
- Family friendly
- Lecture / Panel Discussion
Cover image Courtesy of Scandinavia House
What’s up? Featured artists Inger Johanne Grytting, and Thomas Pihl will give a special guided tour of “Light Lines” starting at 4 PM.
Damage? Free RSVP
Why you should go. On the closing day of our exhibition “Light Lines: The Art of Jan Groth, Inger Johanne Grytting, and Thomas Pihl,” Scandinavia House welcomes back Inger Johanne Grytting and Thomas Pihl for a special guided tour of the works. This exhibition celebrates three Norwegian artists who have influenced and continue to influence one another with work that employs the power of the reductive, representing three generations: Jan Groth (b.1938), Inger Johanne Grytting (b.1949) and Thomas Pihl (b.1964). Each room in the gallery is dedicated to one artist, enabling visitors to experience a body of work while creating connections to the exhibition and artists as a whole.
What is Scandinavia House?
One of New York’s many well-kept secrets, Scandinavia House, like FIAF, the Taiwan Cultural Center and Japan Society, frequently hosts cultural events and film screenings and host language classes. Scandinavia House’s hit restaurant, SMÖRGÅS, on the ground floor features pleasurable Scandinavian cuisine with the elegance of a fine dining establishment.
- Free RSVP
- Dress code? Casual works.
- Alone or with friends? It’s your call.
- Fancy a drink or bite to eat nearby?
- Bookmarks Rooftop @ the Library Hotel Madison and 41st – great rooftop bar, cozy and intimate. Madison & Vine wine bar is on the ground floor
- Cinema Café @ 34th St and 3rd. Enjoyable this intimate spot, especially when the weather’s warm and they open the terrace. You won’t get more Parisian than this.
- Madison Avenue Bistro 238 Madison Avenue – feeling peckish, this unashamedly French classic restaurant is always a go to. Great desserts!
- Momosan Ramen Lexington Avenue between 38th and 39th streets -Morimoto’s latest venture a ramen shop with a creative twist – the tantan men is one of the best.
- Morgan Library Café 225 Madison Avenue, You want just a quick coffee or an upscale meal upstairs? I absolutely love this place. Guaranteed to impress anyone.
- The Ginger Man, 11 E. 36th. (between Madison and Lex) if you’re looking for an after work bar and a decent burger. This is a great option. Be wary though of running a tab at this place.