Date(s) - 02/20/2019
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Art / Cultural Events
- Meet and Greet
- Family friendly
- Lecture / Panel Discussion
Cover image Courtesy of Scandinavia House
What’s up? Opening Night Reception of Nordic Impressions, a contemporary art from Iceland, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden and Greenland
Damage? Free RSVP
Why you should go. Curated by Phillips Collection Chief Curator and Deputy Director for Academic Affairs Klaus Ottmann, the exhibition features works by internationally acclaimed artists such as Eija-Liisa Ahtila, Mamma Andersson, Nathalie Djurberg, Ragnar Kjartansson, Jesper Just, Outi Pieski, Tal R, Hrafnhildur Arnardóttir /Shoplifter, and Torbjørn Rødland. Drawn from a larger survey at The Phillips Collection in the fall of 2018, the exhibition results from a multi-year Nordic Cultural Initiative.
Exhibit runs from Saturday February 23 through Saturday June 8, 2019
What is Scandinavia House?
One of New York’s many well-kept secrets, Scandinavia House, like FIAF, the Taiwan Cultural Center and Japan Society, frequently hosts cultural events and film screenings and host language classes. Scandinavia House’s hit restaurant, SMÖRGÅS, on the ground floor features pleasurable Scandinavian cuisine with the elegance of a fine dining establishment.
- Free RSVP
- Dress code? Business attire
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Business cards are always a plus.
- Fancy a drink or bite to eat nearby?
- Bookmarks Rooftop @ the Library Hotel Madison and 41st – great rooftop bar, cozy and intimate. Madison & Vine wine bar is on the ground floor
- Cinema Café @ 34th St and 3rd. Enjoyable this intimate spot, especially when the weather’s warm and they open the terrace. You won’t get more Parisian than this.
- Madison Avenue Bistro 238 Madison Avenue – feeling peckish, this unashamedly French classic restaurant is always a go to. Great desserts!
- Momosan Ramen Lexington Avenue between 38th and 39th streets -Morimoto’s latest venture a ramen shop with a creative twist – the tantan men is one of the best.
- Morgan Library Café 225 Madison Avenue, You want just a quick coffee or an upscale meal upstairs? I absolutely love this place. Guaranteed to impress anyone.
- The Ginger Man, 11 E. 36th. (between Madison and Lex) if you’re looking for an after work bar and a decent burger. This is a great option. Be wary though of running a tab at this place.