Date(s) - 12/11/2017
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
FIAF (Alliance française)
Cover Photo Courtesy of Catherine Maladrino
What’s up? Bestselling author and renowned couples therapist Esther Perel turns up the heat with her new book The State of Affairs: Rethinking Infidelity.
Why you should go. Together with celebrated writer and journalist Anand Giridharadas, Perel will explore the intricacies of modern romance, love and desire, trust and transgression.
Esther Perel is widely regarded as the most articulate spokesperson on the topic of modern relationships. A therapist with 30+ years clinical experience, her ability to speak intellectually about how the quality of our relationships impact the quality of our lives has drawn a devoted, international audience to her best-selling books, online courses, and popular TED Talks.
This special talk is presented as part of FIAF’s provocative annual The Art of Sex & Seduction series.
- RSVP ASAP
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Attire? Casual / or business casual.
- Business cards are always a plus.
- Travel lightly. Coat check not always available.
- Nightcap recommendations:
- The Bar Room 117 E. 60th Street. New York, NY 10022. btwn. Lexington & Park. Almost hidden but beautiful interior with a full bar tons of craft beer, wines and spirits. Great burgers!
- Fig & Olive 808 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10065 (lower level) Mediterranean-inspired cuisine with full bar.
- The Jeffrey Craft Beers and Bites – It’s great to see a little craft beer elegance in Midtown East with this Bohemian and comfortable boozer!
- The Plaza Hotel Food Court by Todd English 1 W 59th St, (5th Ave) New York, NY 10019 basement level, everything imaginable is available with seriously good options. Unfortunately, crowded and with limited seating.
- The Regency Bar on Park Avenue 540 Park Ave, New York, NY 10065 (by 60th St)
(212) 759-4100 – a high end bar with an endless wine/ spirit selection. Cozy and old school elegance. I really love this spot because it’s quiet, staff are polite and you feel like you’re a high stepper.