Date(s) - 05/18/2018
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Art / Cultural Events
- International Affairs
- Foreign language
- Film Screening
- Lecture / Panel Discussion
Cover image: Courtesy of Taiwan Academy
Damage? Free, RSVP required
Why you should go. In collaboration with FOGSTAND Gallery & Studio, the Taiwan Academy’s latest exhibit is a collection of American, Singaporean, Irish, South Korean and Taiwanese artists. No boundaries or definition, the featured works challenge our perception of identity and reality.
En-Man Chang, Jing-Da Lin, Jo-Mei Lee, Joo Choon Lin, Chun Kaifeng, Song-yun Kim, Fiona Burke, Brandon Cramm, Samuel Weinburg
What is TPECC?
The Taipei Economic and Cultural Office, or de-facto Taiwanese Consulate is an impressive place featuring many free cultural events that are worth checking out. They are often short, hassle free and always a chance to meet new faces.
- Free, RSVP required
- Dressy or business casual is fine.
- Alone or with friends? Either or.
- Business cards are always a plus.
- Coat check/ cloak room is not always available so travel lightly.
- Fancy a nightcap or bite to eat in the area?
- Bookmarks Lounge at the Library Hotel at Madison by 41St. – On the ground floor you’ve got the Madison & Vine Wine bar but head up to the top for Bookmarks Lounge.
- Momosan Lexington between 38th &39th Sts. – Chef Morimoto’s latest ramen venture. Sake, ramen and fusion inspired dishes. The Tan-tan men is fantastic.
- Peacock Alley & Sir Harrys at the Waldorf Astoria on Lexington by 49th Street. I’m a sentimental guy and can’t say “no” to an old school wine bar at a legendary hotel.
- Riki ($) Izakaya, inexpensive, upstairs karaoke rooms. Non-tipping establishment
- Soba Totto $$ – classy, fantastic intimate sake bar, great find
- The Upper Terrace Bar at Bryant Park Café Bryant Park by 40th @ 5th Avenue, just above the Bryant Park Grill – tucked away slightly but lively and this seasonal outdoor bar is not open late but is a great find with a secluded feel and fantastic view.
- Udon West($) You can’t go wrong here. Pitchers of beer, decent grub, fast service.