Date(s) - 07/27/2017 - 07/30/2017
- Foodie / Cuisine
- Art / Cultural Events
- Meet and Greet
- Fashion / Mode
- Foreign language
- Industry Expo
- Family friendly
Cover Image: 2015 Taiwan Excellence at Grand Central © WhereNYC
What’s up? Check out what’s new at the annual Taiwan Excellence Tech Showcase at the Time Warner Center.
Damage? Free, No RSVP
Why you should go. Long known for being one of Asia’s best innovating tech hubs, visitors can see firsthand some of Taiwan’s new technological breakthroughs. So grab a bubble tea and enjoy live entertainment at this four-day showcase.
Too often overshadowed by its regional neighbors, Taiwan is still one Asia’s top economic tigers and a pioneer of sustainable, smart innovation. But the Formosan identity is as complex as its technology.
Like a set of crossroads with a mixture of heritages, migration, colonialism, and political change, Taiwan’s character has molded and adapted at every turn. Alway humble on the outside but bold with subtlety, it is a nation of harmonious paradoxes and great innovation.
- Casual dress, comfy shoes, and a tote bag wouldn’t go amiss.
- Bring friends or go it alone? Either or.
- Business cards are highly recommended
- For weekend visitors, see the MTA service advisory.
- Fancy a bite to eat or a drink nearby?
- Restaurants in the Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle
- Center Bar ($$) 4th Floor, next to Porter House Grill, check out the write up in the NY Times.
- Landmarc ($$) 3rd Floor – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Whole Foods basement level- several eating options and serves craft beer!
- Outside spots
- Burger Joint @ the Parker Meridien ($) 119 W. 56th St.(by 7th Ave.) New York, NY 10019 – tucked away in the poshy French hotel, you’ve got beer, burgers and blues. As a native of Chicago, this speaks to me.
- Donburiya ($) 253 W. 55th Street (by 8th Ave.), New York, NY 10019 – Japanese izakaya, great value
- Maison Kayser ($$) 1800 Broadway, New York, NY 10019– they’re everywhere in the café war, but this is a decent spot
- Knave @ the Parker Meridien,($$) 118 W. 57th St by 7th Ave. So you need to impress your out-of-town friends. This is your spot.
- Yakitori Totto, ($$) 251 W. 55th Street 2nd Fl. – Charcoal grilled chicken bits on skewers and beer to wash it down at this smart-looking, authentic yakitori and izakaya.