Date(s) - 08/24/2017
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Cover Photo © Vosges Haut Chocolat
What’s up? Sample quality chocolates paired with wine or cocktails from celebrated French-inspired, Chicago import Vosges Haut Chocolat in SoHo.
Damage? Free / Open to the public
Inquires: Contact Alicia E-mail or call (212)625-2929
Why you should go. While training at the Cordon Bleu catering college in Paris, Chicago-native Katrina Markoff found her chocolate calling when she was eating a beignet au chocolat at la Place des Vosges (pronounced Vo-ge), named after the Black Forest in France. She was so moved by the experience, she named her chocolate boutique after the Place des Vosges. Since its creation, Vosges Chocolatier has expanded in other areas including its famous bacon, chocolate chip pancake mix, and you will find the ice cream and chocolate combinations are as delicious as they are inspired.
The boutique on Spring Street by Wooster and Green streets opens its doors every Thursday from 5-7pm to the public to sample its delights. If you are in the area or thinking of a possible quick date meet-up then this is one place to consider.
If you’re sweet tooth isn’t fully satisfied or you fancy coffee or tea with a bite to eat, Ladurée, the French king of the macaron is ’round the corner complete with a beautiful pâtisserie and exquisite seating options, which includes a beautiful garden in the back.
- Attire? Casual works.
- Go it alone or with friends? Either or, but just go.
- Take advantage of in-store promotions
- Nearby shopping, restaurants, cafés and bars?
- Boqueria ($$) – 171 Spring Street New York, NY 10012 Spanish Tapas, amazing wooden interior, great food and wine selection
- Ceci Cela ($) – 55 Spring Street by Lafayette, French Bakery – This place still sells great baguettes and croissants.
- Dean &Deluca ($$) – Broadway (between Spring & Prince) – upscale groceries with plenty of stuff to accompany your cheese.
- Despaña SoHo ($$) East of Lafayette, 410 Broome St, New York, NY 10013 (212) 219-1550 – a Spanish gourmet shop & café with loads of samples to taste. They’ve also got a wine shop next door.
- French Cheese Board ($-$$) 41 Spring St. New York, NY 10012 – cheese laboratory and beloved SoHo concept store.
- Harney & Sons ($) by Broome and Crosby Sts., tea & scones café and tea wholesaler. Hosts tea-related events.
- Ladurée SoHo ($$-$$$) 398 W Broadway, New York, NY 10012- full menu, delicious desserts, macarons with the most amazing garden seating.
- Moma Shop, ($-$$) West of Lafayette, 81 Spring St. New York, Ny, 10012 – a nice place to browse.
- Nolita Wine Merchants ($$)227 Mulberry St. This small boutique has a great selection and frequent tastings.
- Pegu Club 77 Houston St by West Broadway (2nd floor, next to Dos Caminos) New York, NY 10012 – one of the best cocktail bars in Manhattan, great drinks, service and ambience.
- Pepe Rosso To Go ($) 149 Sullivan St, New York, NY 10012 (South of Houston)- hole-in-the-wall Italian, but with some fantastic, affordable pasta including my favorite: penne in vodka tomato sauce with pancetta.